Good Morning! How are you this lovely Friday? I'm doing pretty well. I'm certainly glad it's Friday, but man did this week fly by! Being the boss is time consuming!
Have I mentioned that I'm the boss? I think I have, but just in case, here's a quick recap on what's going on with me and the rest of the Cheap Wino Fam lately:
- When Capt PaperClip left, I took over as Officer in Charge (OIC) of my section, then they started giving me more personnel. I am now in charge of four officers, four enlisted Marines, and one civilian paralegal. Ok, honestly NO ONE is in charge of Snarky Paralegal. She runs the show. She's been here for over 15 years and has been doing this for over 33, so really, I'm not in charge of her ;-)
- Not only am I CivLaw OIC (responsible for the 43 opinions we have currently waiting to be written), I'm still the Review Officer (in charge of all post trial review and documents), and the Special Assistant US Attorney for the base. So I'm busy.
- As The Boss, I got a lovely new corner office. With it's own full bathroom. AND windows on two walls. How fancy is that? MacGyver has already stocked me up with four plants to keep it nice and bright, and so far, I'm liking it. Though I still find it a little odd to shower in my office after PT . . .
- Punky is rocking all over the place. She was one of 9 second graders selected for the Gifted and Talented program at her school, and she's reading at the upper end of a 4th grade reading level (as in she's thisclose to a 5th grade reading level).
- Then she had to go and spoil my Nerd Mommy pride by asking if she could join cheerleading. I said no. I always thought I'd let my kids participate in any activity they showed interest in, but the feminist in me just can't deal with it. I told her that when she's old enough to buy the uniforms herself, she can join whatever team she wants. MacGyver suggested she do swimming instead, and she was all about that. Yay.
- Flintstone can stand on his own now. It only lasts about 10 seconds at the longest, but he's pretty stable. I'll be chasing him all over the place long before I'm ready.
- Thank you for all the lovely comments on the new header! I'm not super impressed with it, but I needed a change and I was getting fed up with trying to make the image in my head into reality. For now, I'm happy with this. Maybe one day I'll have a little more time to devote to the task, and I'll come up with something perfect.
- I'm getting out of work early today, and MacGyver and I are going on a real, 100% kid-free date! Granted, we've gotten to go on a few since Flintstone was born, and this one is an afternoon date, but I don't care. I'm going on a date! Truth be told, I'm a little sad to leave Flintstone behind for the 4 -5 hours when I could be playing with him (don't tell MacGyver! :-P), but I'm sure it will be worth it.
- I have so much more to say! I have been so bad at keeping up on the blog lately! But I'm out of time!
Here are some
crappy phone super cute pictures of Flintstone to tide you over until I can scrounge another post:
Uh oh, we have a thumb sucker on our hands - but it's sooooo cute! And he only does it once in a great while. I'll start worrying when it becomes more regular. At least he doesn't run around with a pacifier in his mouth most of the time (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just hate having to clean them every 10 minutes).
Beach Baby. He loves splashing in any kind of water.
He LOVES Daddy's tickley scruff.
Helpin Mama with the laundry!
Have an amazing long weekend All!