Thursday, June 30, 2011

Joint Brain Tenancy

Today is NotDonna's birthday!  This will be one of a very small handful of years when I don't actually get to see her the week of her birthday.  *pout*

      When we were very young, she'd have swimming parties at Baptist Lake.  Then we grew into camping parties at Newago State Park.  These parties have resulted in a number of embarassing, ridiculous, and all around odd lasting memories.  (Serial killer in the porta potty, Ladies?  How about the CLHMC?).

      I have known NotDonna for around 23 years.  That's a long time.  We became such close and inseperable friends that, to this day - an entire country apart -  we still appear to share a brain.  We get sick at the same times.  We get cranky at the same times.  I'll often call her and say, I don't know why, but I was in a really good mood all day today only to find out that she had gotten some sort of amazingly good news that day.  She literally lives 3000 miles away from me now, and we still think of the same random, crazy things at the same time.  She'll start telling me a story, and I know exactly what she was thinking about the whole time.

       In Jr high and high school, we spent hours upon hours on the phone.  There were years when we had every single class together, and still I couldn't wait to call her when I got home.  And we'd tie up the phone lines all night long.  We would either laugh hysterically or scare the crap out of each other - we were both super paranoid about axe murderers and such.  On Monday nights, we would watch Ally McBeal together on the phone.  We've both recently started watching it again on Netflix, so we get to have these wonderful "I forgot about that episode!" or "I forgot that character died!  I was so upset!" conversations.

      NotDonna is one of the sweetest women you'll ever meet, but her super sweet girl-next-door exterior hides a biting wit.  I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like her, but it's hysterical to hear her indictments of those she doesn't so much enjoy.  She is caring, hyper considerate, and extremely loyal.  She's also one of the strongest women I know.  I couldn't even dream up a better friend.

       I could probably write an entire blog devoted to the adventures and misadventures we've had together over the last 20someodd years.  The life lessons, crazy characters, hilarity and unbelievable coincidences. 

      Happy Birthday, NotDonna!
(On or about NotDonna's birthday last year)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin