We're going to visit my family in MI next week, so I figured I should probably try to get at least one post up before we go! Here is some recent randomness:
- Remember that cruise ship a while ago where everyone on board got horribly ill and it was a big debacle? Well Punky has that virus. And no one can seem to figure out how the eff she got it, esp since the rest of us are totally fine. Poor kid.
- Night weaning of Flintstone seems pretty much complete. He sleeps all night until 5 am (though he should be sleeping till 7, right now I'll take 5). Once in a while he'll wake up and whine, but just a little cuddling puts him back out. His vocabulary continues to grow in leaps and bounds. Banana and "eewwwww" are the cutest things he says.
- Potty training is successful but slow since it really only happens on the weekends. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can make a little more progress in MI.
- My surgery is looming. Not excited.
- I can already see very clear changes from the Compassion Endeavor. I find that the way I think about people and situations is changing. That I have many fewer gut reactions. That there are people in my life I thought were toxic that maybe aren't and people I didn't realize are just big gossips. I have two friends/aquaintences who are Navy wives. My old college roommate's SigO is a SeaBee, and another is in MacGyver's old career path (MacGyver was in the Navy a million years ago). I've always known that they're pretty gossipy, and I've always tried to keep my distance from military spouse drama, but now I'm thinking I need to take a couple more steps back from it.
- Recently the azaleas were all in bloom. It was unbelievably beautiful. There are azaleas EVERYWHERE where we live now. Every yard has them. Our yards are completely surrounded by them, and we have them as dividers within the yard. I have pictures. They're not uploaded...
- The weather is also beautiful. So perfect. MacGyver and I have been extra enjoying our runs - though we haven't been able to run together this week because of Punky's illness and my mad insane schedule.
- I have so very, very much to say, and no motivation at all to say it. This could be a better post. I have such good ideas right now. But this is all you get. Not even any obligatory pictures. BUT there are some new pictures up on my facebook page (Colleen Timothy)!
- I hope you are all having as beautiful a week as I am, and a much less stressful one! See you when we get back from MI!
The DMV: Where Happiness Goes to Die
1 day ago