Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year, New Blog

09 JAN 09
We rang in the New Year in style in Richmond. It was awesome, but alas, no pictures. MacGyver didn't feel like lugging the camera, and I wasn't wearing nearly enough fabric to conceal it on my person, ha. We had an amazing New Years Day, complete with meals of greens for money and black-eyed peas for luck, so superstition declares that it will be a good year.

I enter this new year wanting to start keeping an online journal again. I kept one the first couple years I was in law school, but it eventually petered out when I got busy with life. I'm still busier than ever with life, but I'm going to give it a go anyway. Odds are my posts will contain dates different than the dates they're posted since I don't like to get on social sites from work - professionalism and all. I figure I'll start with a review of last year just to get everyone, including myself, up to speed.

2008 was an insane year for me. It was definitely a year of transition. I graduated from law school, studied for and took the NY bar exam, got married, honeymooned in the Riviera Maya, lost the love of my life - my dog of 7 years, Dozer, moved with my husband and daughter to VA to go on active duty with the Marine Corps, lost my Grandpa - an amazing man who led an amazing life, found out I passed the NY Bar, got two wonderful new puppies to fill my life, and landed squarely on New Year's Eve at the Bank and Vault in Richmond, VA, exhausted but very, very happy. I imagine the 2008 Year in Review posts will largely revolve around those topics.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin