Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Countdown to 3

      August 23rd, one week from yesterday, is MacGyver and my 3 year wedding anniversary.  My intention had been to do a whole week of "MacGyver and Me" or relationship related posts.  The only problem with this plan is that I'm on Grass Week for the Range AGAIN, so I may not have much time to post at all.

      Nevertheless, I'm excited about our anniversary.  I doubt we'll do much on the actual day of, since it falls on a Teusday - a Teusday on which I am on the range AND conducting and Article 32 hearing in the afternoon.  So I'm going to be BEAT at the end of that day.  I'm not sure what we're doing that weekend, but I know it will be something good - especially since we have Boo staying with us, so we don't have to worry about leaving the kidders!  I'm pretty sure whatever it is, it will involve wine.

      The "traditional" 3rd anniversary gift is leather.  If you haven't picked it up yet from my Ethical Eating posts, I'm not a huge fan of leather.  (I miss it, though.  I used to love leather, and let me tell you I can really pull off some leather pants).  But I am confident that MacGvyer will be pleased with his gift - so long as it fits.  They don't make them in exactly his size . . .

      Today, the anniversary still feels worlds away.  Like I said, we don't even know exactly what we're doing that weekend.  So I think I'll kick off this "Anniversary Countdown" with a little stroll down memory lane:

      MacGyver and I both waited tables while attending Purdue.  That's where we met.  It was somewhere around 2003/04 (you'd think I'd remember exactly, but honestly I'd have to check my old diaries).  We were a couple for a little while then we were just *ahem* good friends *ahem* for a year or so . . .  You can find more details, including the first kiss, here.

      We lost touch for a while when I moved away for Law School, but started talking again in '06.  Talking quickly turned into planning, which led to visiting, and before we knew it, we were in a whirlwind long-distance relationship.  (More details)

      We moved in together in Brooklyn the summer of 2007.

      He proposed 7 months later, March of '08.

      We got married in a torrential downpour 5 months after he proposed, on August 23rd 2008.

It had been sunny all day.

Until the moment the Ceremony was supposed to start.

They say rain on your wedding day is good luck.
We must be pretty danged lucky.

They say a wet knot is harder to untie.

"I am NOT coming out there."



      That first year, the whirlwind really began:  I took the NY Bar exam.  I went on Active Duty.  We moved to VA.  I worked as in Civil Law then in Trial (as a prosecutor).  We bought a house.  I started TBS.  LOTS of stuff. 

      For our First Anniversary, I we went to a wine tasting and I wrote him a poem. Gag.  And I couldn't resist putting the dress back on.

      Year two was just as crazy, if not more so.  TBS was just an aweful hell debacle, but I finished.  Got promoted to Captain (in the field, moto).  Was taken on a Surprise tripI got pregnant, and we moved 3 times.

      On our Second Anniversary I waxed poetic about deeply knowing another person.  Gag.  And our midwife dropped off the birth pool.  I was full term.
     
      This year, we haven't moved a single time.  Punky, who attended three 1st grades in one year and 2 second grades the next, didn't have to change schools a single time this year.  However, life was completely different.

      MacGyer is still the best husband ever.  He still surprises me often with wonderful romantic gestures.  We're even more in love than we were years ago.  If you're really intersted in the romantic progression of our life over the last few years, I suggest clicking here.

      Be ready for all sorts of gag worthy moments in the week to come.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin