Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ringing in the Year

From Cheap Wine and Cookies
We spent New Year’s Eve at the Crazy Horse, a bar that holds many fond memories for us, the greatest of which being that it is where MacGyver proposed. Punky had a New Year’s party with Nan, complete with sparkling grape juice and watching the ball drop on an old episode of – what else? – Friends (which I think actually took place around 11pm ;-)

I did very well at keeping my alcohol intake way down just in case. I had three drinks over the course of a 7 hour night.

We reminisced about New Years’ past, including the first New Year’s Eve we spent together, ’04-’05. We had already been together for a year (or more?) by that time, except that we were actually “just friends” that New Year’s Eve and we were out with co-workers, so we danced provocatively all night long only to stand next to each other and not kiss at midnight. We did, however, kiss quite a bit after midnight . . .

After midnight, we headed to the Sand Bar to meet up with my best friend NotDonna, and her fiancé.

MacGyver opened the front door for me, and a kicking, screaming, flailing girl was hurled out at me. After a few moments violent chaos on the sidewalk, we found the front door locked and had to go in through the back (which was a pain since I was in open toed shoes – I had to show of my beautiful feets after the wonderful spa day hubby got for my mom and I for Christmas);. After being there just a few minutes, we were informed the bar, which was supposed to be open until 4, would be closing and hour early due to a lot of fights breaking out.

As we were leaving, another angry, flailing female was tossed out the door at us. We finished off the night visiting with NotDonna’s mom, MMom (a post on its own), and spending some alone time back at the house. I then stayed up to play cards with Boo and Glitter Fairy until 7 am.

MacGyver and I both made one sentimental resolution and one “regular” one. My “regular” resolution is the same as it was last year – to take good care of my skin. I did really well with it last year until TBS started, so I made it ½ way through the year, we’ll see about this year.

From Cheap Wine and Cookies
Posing with Nikki, a friend who has seen me through some of my most insane antics, bartending at the Crazy.

From Cheap Wine and Cookies
The New Year's Kiss

From Cheap Wine and Cookies

And Dip

From Cheap Wine and Cookies
At the Sand Bar with very best friend NotDonna

From Cheap Wine and Cookies

From Cheap Wine and Cookies
I have a lot of cute pictures from New year's, but they're really washed out because of the flash. I've tried to adjust them, but it just doesn't seem to work. Anyone out there have any ideas as to how to fix them?
Back in the kitchen with Glitter Fairy. He cooked up our cabbage and black eyed peas to eat just after midnight. Delicious.

From Cheap Wine and Cookies

From Cheap Wine and Cookies

From Cheap Wine and Cookies
Little Bro, Boo, bartending at the Crazy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin