Friday, June 24, 2011

Rambling on a Friday Afternoon

Cutest.  Baby.  Ever.
 
But you already knew that.
Still; it bears repeating.

He just had his 9 month check up.  At 20lbs, 10 ozs and 28 inches, he's at the 50th percentile for weight, 60th for height, and 65th for head size.  Yep, that's my brainy little man.

I know I just did an update about him a few days ago, but he changes so much every day!  He took two steps today.  For a long time he's been able to take one, then he would get so excited that he's laugh and wave his arms around and fall over.  He's also been babbling a whole lot of new syllables, and he makes the MOST adorable face when he goes "buh buh buh."  He sticks his lips out and scrunches his brow together like he's saying something very serious.  I doubt I will ever be able to capture a picture of it.

He is hilarious when he gets excited.  His whole body spazes with happiness when he squeals and giggles.

We've made great progress on the sleeping front.  After a couple weeks of work, he will now pull off the breast himself and roll over and go to sleep.  Last night, MacGvyer was able to put him down in under 10 minutes, and with almost no fuss.  MacGyver has wanted this all along, but I've been having a hard time handing over bedtime even though I know it will ultimately be a good thing.  So we've taken that step and the sleeping is looking good.

MacGyver and Flintstone cuddling with my pajamas.  Doesn't Flintstone look HUGE in this picture?

 
I walked into find Flinstsone praying in his sleep the other day.  Does it get much cuter than this?

 He hung out in my office a lot while MacGyver and Punky were in VA.  We had a grand time.  I brought tons of baby toys with me.  He enjoyed chewing on my sword belt (pictured), case files, sticky tabs, and post it notes.  There is another adorable picture of him after eating my sticky tabs on the Cheap Wine and Cookies Facebook page.  Which is why you should totally LIKE Cheap Wine and Cookies on FB.

For PT one day this week, we ran the Obstacle course.  I love the O-course.  It's one of my very favorite PT events.  I love climbing on things.  I loved it as a kid, and I never really grew up.


The only problem was that it has been over 100 degrees pretty much every day here for the last couple weeks (my poor garden has been getting cooked!).  We ran aout a mile and a half to the O-course in boots and utes.  Running in boots is NOT the same as running in running shoes.  It hurts quite a bit more.

We ran the O-Course twice, then I ran it again just for fun while we waited for a couple people who were struggling to finish.  Then we ran back.

Apparently, I pushed my body harder than it was prepared for.  I wasn't in much pain after doing the course or the run, but about 40 minutes after I got a retinal migraine followed by a debilitating painful migraine that lasted almost the entire day.  Suck.

But I'm all better now.

Notice how I don't have any very good pictures of Flintstone these days?  Yeah.  Ugh.  I have some on the camera, but he'll probably be at freaking NYU before I get around to uploading them.

Happy Weekend, All!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin