Thursday, June 23, 2011

Want to Know Wednesdays: Musical Memories

Today is Thursday.  You'll deal.



{1} What is the best or worst pick up line you have ever been given?
I feel like I should have a great answer for this.  I have had some a lot of frigging hilarious dating fiascos, but I don
t really remember any particularly crazy pick up lines.  I have had my a$$ compared to that of a black woman in what I can only assume was meant to be a favorable manner.  Ive had a guy tell me after a very short conversation that I was the kind of girl he could see himself marrying (gag). Really?  Because youre the kind of guy I can see myself rejecting . . .  MacGyvers pick up like was pretty good.  He was changing the oil on my 1976 Mustang Cobra 302 and gave me a list of supplies I would need.  That last one on the list was Date, dinner and a movie.  I think I still have that list around somewhere . . .{2} What is your most and least favorite day of the week?
Obviously, it depends on the particular week, but generally Saturdays are the best.  The worst day is a tough call.  Maybe Tuesday.  I
m generally really productive and fine on Mondays.  Tuesday that energy is all used up but the weekend is still soooo far away.{3} How many hours of sleep do you require each night?
I REQUIRE 9 hours.  I usually get 4 – 5.  I was recently informed by one of my doctors who specialized in sleep that I am living at on an unsustainable sleep deficit.  Like that
s supposed to shock me.  Now if you could just convince my bosses that I need to come in to work 2 hours later every day, maybe we could remedy that.

{4} Is there a song that takes you back in time? What song is it; what's the memory attached?
Soooo many songs take me back in time.  Many Jimmy Buffett songs, a couple Meatloaf songs, and a couple Little Feat songs take me right back to childhood.  The Now and Then and Friends soundtracks instantly take me back to my early teen/adolescent years.  We Like to Party by the Venga Boys always reminds me of driving around with my boyfriend Sophomore year.  Man, I Feel Like a Woman by Shania Twain reminds me of dumping him (which, oddly enough is a very positive memory for me – most of my break-ups are, I
m an evil, cruel female).
Fishin in the Dark reminds me of Prom my Sophomore year.  Breathe by Faith Hill reminds me of Prom my Junior year (a prom to which I took 2 dates because Im a playa like that).
A few Nelly and Eminem songs bring me right back to the last couple years of high school.  User Friendly by Marilyn Manson and People are Still Having Sex by LaTour – among others – always remind me of cruising around in my yellow 73 VW Bug.
There are club songs that take me right back to college like Percolator and Booty Call.  And, of course, there are about 65 different songs that remind me of different points in MacGyver and my relationship.
And thats just off the top of my head.  I have a ton of music related memories.{5} What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Probably this right here: playing on the internets.  That, and any junk food I happen to eat here or there.
But bear in mind that I have plenty of vices about which I bear no guilt . . .  ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin