Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Want to Know Wednesdays: Few and Far Between

I know I've been cruddy at posting lately.  I expect that might become the norm for a while with work and summer and all.  But I so love Want to Know Wednesdays!


Brought to you this week by Mamarazzi.  

{1} You have been asked to give a 10 minute speech to teenage girls. What is it about?
Birth control/Safer Sex.  Did I ever mention I used to be the president of Voices for Planned Parenthood at my University.  At one point (when MacGyver and I started dating, no less) I had 4,000 condoms in my closet.

{2} Do you have a pet? Tell us about them. No pets? Why?

2 Dogs, Siruis Black and Tonks, 1 cat, Kingsley Shacklebolt, 5 Chickens – Blanche, Dorothy, Rose, Elvira, and Fire (they came pre-named except Fire, who Punky renamed, even so I LOVE the Golden Girls homage), and approximately 20 fish in two tanks.
Sirius and Tonks are like Yin and Yang (we even call them the Yin Yang pups).  Tonks had a traumatic childhood and is terrified of everything – people who aren’t family members, trucks, wagons, PLASTIC BAGS, everything – except other animals.  I have to admit, though, she has improved IMMENSLEY since we got her a couple years ago.  Sirius (the black one) is a whore lover.  She will French kiss anyone given half a chance.  She is the ultimate master of the pathetic look.
Kingsley is quite put upon.  He doesn't even get a picture because I don't have one handy.  He came into our lives shortly before the baby and has the sad condition of being the middle child.  He has the fluffiest tale I’ve ever seen on a cat and he loves to dive bomb Tonks as she’s walking by.  I love watching my pets play.
The chickens lay eggs, for which I love them.  They cluck hello and flock to greet me at the door to their pen every night when I go out to say hi and thank them for the eggs.
The fish are fish.  They are MacGyver’s thing.  They’re pretty and Flintstone LOVES to watch them.
Both dogs and the cat are fixed rescues.  Fix your pets and support the Humane Society and ASPCA!!!

{3} What is the biggest inconvenience about the place you’re currently living?
Distance from just about everything.  The area we live in is absolutely beautiful, but it’s a pretty small town (just under 200k people – MUCH larger than where I grew up, but also much farther away from everything than where I grew up).  The city is an hour away.  The nearest “real” city is 2 hours away.  The nearest Starbucks is 45 miles away.  *pout*

{4} What do you think is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
I’d like to think I haven’t made it yet.  And Man, this is a hard question.  I’m really glad I went to Law School, but I feel like my best decision should be something more Earth shattering than that – or at least something deeper . . .
(BTW, getting married was more MacGyver’s decision than mine ;-))

{5} What are the THREE "nevers" of your life? (things you would never do or have never done)
As a note, I really do try not to say “never” to anything, but I’ll give this a shot:
Support a Factory Farm;
Step over a person who has just fallen down or a homeless person.  I may not be able to give anything to the homeless person at that moment, but I will at least acknowledge that they exist;
Commit Adultery – unless MacGyver’s in a coma for 10 years, but we have an agreement on that ;-)
Q2 is brought to us by McKenzie
Q3 is brought to us by DateGirl

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin